Monday, May 17, 2010

Lake Malawi

 

Fullscreen capture 5172010 10717 PM

P5160504

“Lake” Malawi is the third largest lake in the world and splits Malawi and Mozambique.  The waves and current has been stronger here than last week in Zanzibar.  The constant waves gave me the idea that I could surf…I was wrong.

P5160516

Xi had fun documenting my failure, complete with a great video of me paddling to nowhere.  For the most part we have spent the last two days enjoying the lake.  Yesterday we spit roasted a pig and had a fantastic dinner, except for Xi who didn’t eat it in protest because she saw the little guy alive that morning.  As we are writing this a herd of cows are passing by on the beach. 

P5170541

Malawi has some talented wood craftsmen, so we’ve picked up some beautiful bowls, utensils, and other stuff. Xi is still keeping her eye out for some furniture so that she can watch me have to carry it around Africa on my back.  Tomorrow we head to Lilongwe and mark the half-way point on our trip.

IMG_1099

No comments:

Post a Comment